The November FARM club newsletter is now on-line!
- The FARM club Application and Renewal forms for 2023 are now available.
- Bill Towne has put up more items from John Gilbert's estate sale. There are new items almost daily! Check out the ForSale / Wanted section of the website for more details. Items are going fast!
- Bill Towne has put up for sale, several airplanes from John Gilbert's estate. Check out the Avistar, the PT-40 Right Flyer, and several Radios for more details! Or, visit the ForSale / Wanted section of the website.
- From Dave R: Sunday, Oct 30th, was a fantastic (if not one of the last) great flying days this year! (photo courtesy of Dave Rothbart)
- Jay Z has written a detailed article for all of you intrepid firmware upgraders. Jay's article details upgrading and/or resetting the firmware in your Spektrum receivers.
- Notice to all flyers: A binding incident happened at the CMB field. Everyone should read this (and Gordon's October Newsletter report) as some newer receivers from some companies have the capability of using remote/satellite receivers. As this incident demonstrates, multiple concurrent bindings are possible. As such, someone elses transmitter may take control of your aircraft: in the air or on the ground, leading to disastrous results. This document presents the full details.
- The FARM club Renewal form for 2023 is now available.
- The 2022 FARM Fall Charity Float Fly was held on Saturday, 3 September, at Lake Ritchie in Bealeton, Virginia! What a beautiful day! Below, are 2 pictures from the float fly (photos courtesy of Dave Rothbart):
- If you weren't at the FARM Club Charity Float Fly event on Saturday, June 25th, you missed a great day of float flying! Regardless of whether you were there or not, Ralph G.has provided us with a stroll thru the event for your viewing pleasure! Thanks, Ralph!
- Thomas Jefferson High School UAV Flight Readiness Review Update:
Thanks for the support to all from NVRC, FARM club and LCAA for the support of this team. It has become a multi-club endeavor. I am really blown away by the professionalism and attitude of these young team members!
Here is a video documenting their aircraft which they intend to fly in the national (college level) UAS competition next week in St. Mary's airport in MD.
TJ UAV Flight Readiness Review - AUVSI SUAS 2022 - YouTube
More information on the 2022-AUVSI-SUAS-Competition
Wish them the best!
- The following pictures are of Dave Rothbart, Nic Burhans, and Don Szczur working with students from Thomas Jefferson High School in the final stages of their contest project's construction/assembly and first flight by Don S. on Saturday, 16 April 2022. For more complete info on the club, and it's activities, checkout this additional info.
- The new FARM Mowing Schedule for 2022 is now available.
- Well, it's that time of year, again! The FARM 'Mowing Crew' is preparing our mowers and equipment for the onslaught of the 2022 grass growing season. Gene, Ernie, Paul, Nic, and Charlie in picture. Missing from photo are Ralph and Dave.
- The new FARM 2022 Calendar is now available.
- The new FARM board for 2022 is available on the CONTACTS page.
- Below is an updated picture of John Hutton's latest project: a Carl Goldberg Valkyrie. John has written an article (with construction pictures) on the history of the plane including details regarding its construction.
- See you at the field...