Club Meeting Tonight!
7:00pm at the Warrenton Community Center
The February FARM club newsletter is now on-line!
- Take a look at John Hunton's latest project! John is building a Vought V-173 'Flying Pancake'.
- The mowing crew has transitioned from a fixed schedule to the use of SignupGenius. One of the advantages is that emails are sent out some days before so that it acts as a friendly reminder. If you can help with the mowing, sign up at Mowing Sched, above.
- Don Szczur and Dave Rothbart are assisting in the construction of an RC trainer
organized by EAA 186 Young Eagles. Picture (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
- The first meeting of the New Year was held at the Warrenton Community Center. Ralph brought his new
jet for some helpful suggestions on programming; and Duane brought his newly fabricated sailplane carrier. Picture (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
- The updated FARM Club Handbook for 2020 is now available. Check it out!
- The new 2020 Club Calendar is now available. Check it out!
- CMB Club member Bob Oldach is looking for a good trainer. If you have something that Bob might like, contact him via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 703-618-9403.
- The FARM 2020 Application Form and the FARM 2020 Renewal Form now are available.
- At the Club meeting this month, Duane Beck gave a presentation on gilders.
(photo courtesy of Dave Rothbart)
- As a pre-curser to the Oct 12th Culpeper AirFest, Nic & Dave hosted a STEM
(Science, Technology, Enginnering, and Math) workshop on Wed, Oct 9th.
(photo courtesy of Kirby Nelson)
- We had a good turn-out for our FARM Float Fly #2 event. The weather was great and the food was good. Our
intrepid photographer seemed to be present whenever trouble was afoot as the following pictures demonstrate (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
Ralph rescuing another crusher craft.
Gene trying to catch the elusive Graul seacraft.
USS Willy Wonka retreaving yet another wayward float plane.
Winners of the club Float Fly big splash !
- We had a pretty good turn-out for our last Learn to Fly & Picnic! There was a variable breeze but that didn't stop our
intrepid pilots. We had all kinds of aircraft from small foam models to large pattern ships, and giant scale models. I even saw
a Corsair out there! Bill & John cooked burgers & hotdogs. It was a good flying day: but aren't they all?
(photo courtesy of Dave Rothbart)
- Club member Joseph Szczur participated in the 2019 F3A RC Aerobatics World Championships in Italy. Don Szczur has posted an Update from Italy. Thanks, Don!
- An example of Koustenis Aviation heavy lifting (courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
- Another good turn-out for our Learn To Fly & Picnic event. Our event on August 4th was no exception with 19 participants. We did have some excitement as the
following pictures demonstrate (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
Big turnout for July Fun Fly (19 total).
Leading competitors for the 'Crasher of the year' award !
Crasher handing Safety Officer club card for another black mark !
- We have been having good turn-outs for our Learn To Fly & Picnic events. Our event on June 28 was no exception. Bright sunshine and no rain! Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure (Courtesy of John Barry).
- The Spring FARM Pattern Contest was held on Fri, June 28th thru Sun, June 30th. The CD was Don Manson. Boy, was it hot! At least we didn't have any rain, as in previous years. Below are a couple of pictures from the event (courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
My airplane seems to be missing... My scores, my scores...
- The Grumman TBF Avenger is an American torpedo bomber developed initially for the United States Navy and Marine Corps. John Hunton certainly captured the essence of this plane in his latest model.
- The Grinch Christmas Award was finally presented to the Farm Club member most deserving of the title. Lloyd Hinrichs, our 2018/19 award winner has demonstrated the following quality characteristics deserving of this recognition: ba-humbug mentality to nearly everything, grizzly like facial appearance, malcontent, curmudgeon, cantankerous, hostile attitude to all things political and otherwise, just for starters. And yes, the award contains coal specifically mined from China for this award winner.
- The 2019 Mowing Schedule is now available!
- Well, Mother Nature may be playing havoc with getting our flying season started,
but, our 'Motley Crew' has prepared our mowers and equipment for the onslaught of the 2019 grass growing season. Thanks to Bill, Les, Ernie, Dave, Ralph, John, Lloyd, and Charlie for the hard
- Club Members: If you are interested in the mobile version of our website, then check out the Mobile Website link at the left for details on your options (including a FARM Club app).
- Be sure to check out the Area Events and Fun Fly schedules!
- See you at the field...