The December FARM club newsletter is now on-line!
- Check out Ernie P.'s new F-16 electric ducted fan jet! The plane is a Flex Innovations FlexJet.
Ernie says, " Other than needing a bit longer takeoff run than most of our planes, it flies very well. I made five flights, including
the maiden, on Friday, 10/05/2018. And, it sounds great, with more of a roaring whoosh than a whine; much like its 1/1 counterpart.
It makes a great first EDF; and I'd recommend the plane unreservedly."
- Bob Burnett was the happy winner of the Fall Float Fly Grand Prize raffle event. The grand prize was a 1/6 scale
Balsa USA Sopwith Pup kit. Congratulations, Bob!
- Saturday, September 22nd with the help of the organizers and the cooking & kitchen help, we had another very successful FARM Float Fly event. Even the weather gave us a boost by being slightly overcast. Below is a picture of some of the action:
- Due to weather events in the Culpeper area last Sunday (August 12th), the CMB Fall Classic Pattern contest
was held at the FARM field on Aug 25 -26. Below is a picture of some of the action:
- Nic Burhans has coordinated with the owner's use of the FARM field and received the FARM Club Board's approval to move the Culpeper pattern contest the ten (10) miles from the Barnstormers' Culpeper, VA field to the FARM field. The FARM field will be reserved for the CMB Pattern contest for 25 and 26 August with a setup/practice day on Friday, 24 August.
- After days of heavy rain, the Farm field and pit area grass had grown substantially. Our two heroes (Les and Ernie) spent
hours mowing and re-mowing the Farm field over two days. They then raked and disposed of the clumps of cuttings in front of
the shelter area.
- After three Learn To Fly & Picnic events had to be canceled because of Mother Nature, we finally got a break! July must be our lucky month. Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
- The Club Picnic & Float Fly #1 @ Lake Ritchie which was held on Saturday, June 23rd, was a success
despite the threat of rain. Bill, Les & Scott did the cooking for this summers event. Thanks, guys!!!
- Bill Towne & John Gilbert built this Ben Buckle old-timer kit this winter. The Majestic Major
was converted to electric power and resulted in a very majestic flying machine which is fabric covered and trimmed in "period"
colors. Bill and Dan Jones maidened the plane on Saturday, May 26 at Lenn Airpark. (courtesy of Gordon Collyer)
- Check out Ernie Padgette's Wanted item.
- Club Members: If you are interested in the mobile version of our website, then check out the Mobile Website link at the left for details on your options (including a FARM Club app).
- Be sure to check out the Area Events and Fun Fly schedules!
- See you at the field...