The next Club Zoom Meeting will be held on October 27th at 7:00pm.
The October FARM club newsletter is now on-line!
- The FARM 2021 Member Renewal Form is now available.
- We have a lot of different aircraft land at our field, but I think that this is a first! Picture (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
- Don Szczur has provided us with a Recap of the F3A Team Interview. Click here to read the Recap.
- The FARM 2020 FALL Pattern Classic was held on Sep 19th. The CD for the event was Nic Burhans. The pilots had to contend with rather brisk winds and chilly weather. But fear not, our intrepid pilots braved the elements and ended up actually having a good time. Don Szczur has provided an excellent detailed account (with pictures!) of the event. Click here to read all about the contest.
- No COVID-19 in this house! Thanks to Charlie for dis-infecting our Port-a-John. Picture (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
- Well, the FARM 'Motley Crew' has been hard at work replacing our poor old weathered winsock. Thanks to Les, Nic, Charlie, Ernie, and Dave (taking picture) for their hard work.
- Sunday (09/06/2020) was the Club's Fun Day – Fun Fly #6 (Yes, it was only the second one we have flown this year, but it was the sixth one in the scheduled sequence of six for the year). We had a good turnout! Les cooked some burgers and hot dogs. The funfly consisted of
flying the Club Pattern sequence. Picture (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
- If you are planning on (or thinking about) participating in the FARM Pattern Contest, it is requested that you pre-register on the NSRCA website. For more info on the FARM Pattern Contest, click here.
- Sunday (07/12/2020) was the Club's Fun Day – Fun Fly #4 (Yes, it was the first one we have flown this year, but it was the fourth one in the scheduled sequence of six for the year). We had seven members who participated in the Fun Day and Fun Fly and received Fun Fly points. 1st place went to Ken Bassett, 2nd place to Ralph Graul, and 3rd place to Don Szczur!
1st place - Ken Bassett (Photo courtesy of Ralph Graul)
2nd place - Ralph Graul (Photo courtesy of Ralph Graul)
3rd place - Don Szczur (Photo courtesy of Ralph Graul)
- Here is Ralph G. on 05/16/2020 (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart) rolling our field. Here's hoping that we will be able to maximize our field usage in the very near future! Thanks for the hard work, Ralph. Remember folks, the field is open!
- Well, it's that time of year, again! The FARM 'Mowing Crew' is preparing our mowers and equipment for the onslaught of the 2020 grass growing season. Thanks to Nic, Ernie, Bill, Charlie, Gordon, and Dave (taking picture) for their hard work.
- At our February 25, 2020 meeting, Charlie Koustenis (our club engine expert), demonstrated how to disassemble an OS .91 4-stroke engine. He also
explained how to set the timing marks properly. Picture (Courtesy of Jeff Killen).
- Take a look at John Hunton's latest project! John is building a Vought V-173 'Flying Pancake'.
- The mowing crew has transitioned from a fixed schedule to the use of SignupGenius. One of the advantages is that emails are sent out some days before so that it acts as a friendly reminder. If you can help with the mowing, sign up at Mowing Sched, above.
- Don Szczur and Dave Rothbart are assisting in the construction of an RC trainer
organized by EAA 186 Young Eagles. Picture (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
- The first meeting of the New Year (2020) was held at the Warrenton Community Center. Ralph brought his new
jet for some helpful suggestions on programming; and Duane brought his newly fabricated sailplane carrier. Picture (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
- At the Club meeting this month, Duane Beck gave a presentation on gilders.
(photo courtesy of Dave Rothbart)
- As a pre-curser to the Oct 12th Culpeper AirFest, Nic & Dave hosted a STEM
(Science, Technology, Enginnering, and Math) workshop on Wed, Oct 9th.
(photo courtesy of Kirby Nelson)
- We had a good turn-out for our FARM Float Fly #2 event. The weather was great and the food was good. Our
intrepid photographer seemed to be present whenever trouble was afoot as the following pictures demonstrate (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
Ralph rescuing another crusher craft.
Gene trying to catch the elusive Graul seacraft.
USS Willy Wonka retreaving yet another wayward float plane.
Winners of the club Float Fly big splash !
- We had a pretty good turn-out for our last Learn to Fly & Picnic! There was a variable breeze but that didn't stop our
intrepid pilots. We had all kinds of aircraft from small foam models to large pattern ships, and giant scale models. I even saw
a Corsair out there! Bill & John cooked burgers & hotdogs. It was a good flying day: but aren't they all?
(photo courtesy of Dave Rothbart)
- Club member Joseph Szczur participated in the 2019 F3A RC Aerobatics World Championships in Italy. Don Szczur has posted an Update from Italy. Thanks, Don!
- An example of Koustenis Aviation heavy lifting (courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
- Another good turn-out for our Learn To Fly & Picnic event. Our event on August 4th was no exception with 19 participants. We did have some excitement as the
following pictures demonstrate (Courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
Big turnout for July Fun Fly (19 total).
Leading competitors for the 'Crasher of the year' award !
Crasher handing Safety Officer club card for another black mark !
- We have been having good turn-outs for our Learn To Fly & Picnic events. Our event on June 28 was no exception. Bright sunshine and no rain! Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure (Courtesy of John Barry).
- The Spring FARM Pattern Contest was held on Fri, June 28th thru Sun, June 30th. The CD was Don Manson. Boy, was it hot! At least we didn't have any rain, as in previous years. Below are a couple of pictures from the event (courtesy of Dave Rothbart).
My airplane seems to be missing... My scores, my scores...
- The Grumman TBF Avenger is an American torpedo bomber developed initially for the United States Navy and Marine Corps. John Hunton certainly captured the essence of this plane in his latest model.
- The Grinch Christmas Award was finally presented to the Farm Club member most deserving of the title. Lloyd Hinrichs, our 2018/19 award winner has demonstrated the following quality characteristics deserving of this recognition: ba-humbug mentality to nearly everything, grizzly like facial appearance, malcontent, curmudgeon, cantankerous, hostile attitude to all things political and otherwise, just for starters. And yes, the award contains coal specifically mined from China for this award winner.
- See you at the field...